Thread: a new addiction
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by requin View Post
Hello! Once I played the demo I knew I had to have this unique game. So different from the usual junk that's so popular now (gee, sit and stare at a picture on the screen looking for hidden objects....I just don't get the appeal!!).
Thanks for the compliment. We were pretty excited about the concept, too. I still play the game for fun, and that's pretty cool, because most games I've made in the past get shelved, rarely to be seen again.

Quote:
Anyway, I noticed in another post the idea of starting new users' journeys on kid's mode. In fact, I started playing as regular mode but found I liked the levels that showed the ball through the open squares, so restarted (new user) as a 'kid' and have been playing through like that, first. It's still challenging!
We've wondered about this even before we shipped. We decided to send it out the way all our testers had seen it for months.

Assuming we put out a new build with the current 'Kids Mode' as the default, I wouldn't want to call it Kids Mode. What would you call the current 'Kids Mode' and 'Regular Mode' game types?

Quote:
Getting the hang of the different items is tough..I just had my first level of the last thing, twirler I believe. But it's the shifters that throw me....(just like Hollianne said).
Do they cause you issues in a way that just makes you frustrated? That's not really cool if they do that. Is there something that can be done to the visuals for the spinning Shifter that would make it more obvious what it is doing?

Quote:
I read the review that was posted and just want to say I really LIKE the find-the-exit levels. They aren't hard, that's true (not yet anyway) but they help learn the way the items work, and it's fun! So don't get any ideas about doing away with those because of some evil reviewer!
Well, we very much like the reviewer, but we also know that everyone has their preferences. I know a number of people who like the Find the Exits levels, and I know a number of people who don't. It's a tough balance. We actually cut back on the number of Find the Exits levels in the Journey Map before we shipped.

Quote:
ANyway, thanks for a great game, and for having a forum where you guys actually pay attention!! Love it!
Getting to talk with our users is a lot of fun and very informative. We appreciate your willingness to be active in our forums.

Josh