Cavebug Games Forums  

Go Back   Cavebug Games Forums > Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2007, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

Default Pathstorm's first review!

It seems Pathstorm had a nice review published on Strategy Informer: http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/p...rm/review.html. I'm very pleased to see it was a mostly positive review.

The author commented on the step-by-step tutorials in Pathstorm, something that has been critical to teaching the game to some people and way overkill for others.

What do you think about the Pathstorm tutorials or the review itself?

Josh
Old 02-14-2007, 05:57 PM

Default Review

*chuckles* I can't comment too much on the review seeing as how I wrote it, but I'm glad to see it up and hope for the best for ya'll. I really did enjoy the game and still keep poking at it every time I've got a few minutes to call my own.

~J
Old 02-14-2007, 06:01 PM

The tutorials were very... explicit. But that works well for some people. The suggestion I would make (and I haven't tried the tutorial changes in RC3 yet) is to combine some of the tutorial steps. Particularly the text that talks about revealing an item, then you have to press next before the "click here" arrow shows up. Combine those two and you lose none of your tutorial, but minimize the clicks.

Just a suggestion.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaRey View Post
*chuckles* I can't comment too much on the review seeing as how I wrote it, but I'm glad to see it up and hope for the best for ya'll. I really did enjoy the game and still keep poking at it every time I've got a few minutes to call my own.
Heh. It was a good review. We really appreciate it, and it exposes our tutorial issues once more.

You made another comment about playfield object graphics not fitting the style. I just did a long post about this on another forum. If anyone cares to read it, you'll find it at http://developer.popcap.com/viewtopic.php?t=1036.

Josh