Cavebug Games Forums  

Go Back   Cavebug Games Forums > Pathstorm > Pathstorm - General Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2008, 11:57 PM

Red face Happy 2008

Hi crowd,

I got this game the day before yesterday and it's *the* perfect relax-and-play-half-an-hour game! Congratulations Cavebuggers, I really hope that your work is paying off!

Up until now every aspect of this game has been 100% enjoyable: Music, sound effects, reward system!

One aspect confused me though: Some tips that are displayed only work in "Mystery Balls" mode but are also displayed in "Magic Balls" mode - may be better for new players to divide these.

Keep it up, Cavebuggers, and happy 2008!

- MartectX
Old 01-10-2008, 03:42 PM

Request: Please make it so that you cannot accidentally reveal a marked tile (with the exclamation mark) - like in Windows' Minesweeper.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:56 PM

Bug: In Novice Challenge "Rotate the Shifters" there are 3 uncovered tiles of a somewhat darker colour than the usual uncovered ones when I load the map (done it 6 times now). When I launch a ball from an adjacent exit the game freezes (everytime) - when I launch a ball from another exit (not one adjacent to said 3 tiles) there's a "+0" over these exits, as if I found an exit that's worth naught. Whenever a ball reaches one of the 3 darker tiles the ball gets stuck there - but the game does not freeze.

I run Windows XP SP2 and the latest Pathstorm build.

Last edited by MartectX : 01-10-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:03 PM

Talking Welcome!

Welcome to the home of the Pathstorm addicted!
Old 01-10-2008, 08:40 PM

Thanks, HolliAnne!

Proposal: Lifetime Achievement must be way higher - maybe double it (1'000'000 for bronze etc.) - I've just received gold and I've not even got any one other of the Legendary trophies!
Old 01-14-2008, 07:53 PM

Welcome! Welcome!

It's nice to have a new player in our midst.

~Kacey
Old 01-15-2008, 03:25 AM
Super Moderator

Default Bug found and will be fixed in the next version

MartectX,

It's good to have you on board! Thanks for your comments and the bug report. We've found the bug and have fixed it on our machines. The fix will be in our next release, which hopefully won't be too far away. We just need to test Pathstorm and make sure the change is stable (it certainly appears so at this point).

In the meantime, a quick, hacky, and imperfect work-around for the bug is to start the level, bing up the in-game menu, select "Save and Leave Level" and then when back at the Challenges menu, select the "Continue Level" button. The level will load and there will be a couple exits that are buried in walls. Don't click on the buried caves unless you like hanging the game. If you can resist that urge, you should be able to finish the level. If you can wait, the permanent solution will be out soon.

This is probably where I should issue our standard disclaimer: We'll release a new version with the fix on Cavebug.com. While we love our portal partners, we don't have control over the game on many of them and cannot guarantee that they will release the updated version. If you find yourself in this situation, the above work-around should get you past the problem.

Last edited by Brad Edwards : 01-15-2008 at 03:27 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:05 PM

Thumbs up

Superb!

Bug?: Junior 1-8: In Mystery Balls Mode the balls are visible

Last edited by MartectX : 01-22-2008 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

I know it looks like a bug at first and maybe we should have stated in the game that the ball was going to be visible for the entire level. Here's why we did it: When we first started Pathstorm, we planned on making the ball invisible all the time except on levels where we threw in an unreasonable number of objects . On those levels, we made the ball visible to compensate for the increased difficulty. Just imagine how difficult that level would have been for a beginner playing with invisible balls!
Old 01-23-2008, 08:04 PM

Could you maybe make archives of custom Cavebug levels and user made ones to date? I don't feel like clicking through all the threads and downloading the levels...